Will Catlett Wife Rondi Luz, Chelsea Houska Wiki, Black Arrow Gif, Elephant Tank Restoration, Swagger 5 Front Tire, Puma Cali Vs Carina, Dwell Definition Bible, Sunnyside Pavilion Photo Permit, Boruto Rasengan Chidori, "/> 718 gt4 vs 911 Will Catlett Wife Rondi Luz, Chelsea Houska Wiki, Black Arrow Gif, Elephant Tank Restoration, Swagger 5 Front Tire, Puma Cali Vs Carina, Dwell Definition Bible, Sunnyside Pavilion Photo Permit, Boruto Rasengan Chidori, " />

718 gt4 vs 911

Meanwhile, my ideal 911 Carrera (and while we're at it, I would have the Carrera over the Carrera S every single time) would set me back £89,029. I've specced mine on the configurator and it comes to £85,326. Starting Price (MSRP) 8.4. The seating position, for instance, is just so, the seat dropping down to the floor, the steering wheel reaching out to greet you and the pedals inviting your legs to stretch out to meet them. The two cars are so similar in price (in real terms) that the comparison is irresistible. Given the choice between the two, I would drive home in the GT4. Not for a moment did I crave any more power or torque. The 911 shape is so rounded and clean it's as though the car has spent a century tumbling back and forth on a pebble beach, the tide rushing in and out again in an endless loop, knocking off sharp edges and wearing the bodywork down to a smooth finish. It was also around half a second faster than the 992-generation Porsche 911 Carrera, which completed the circuit in one minute and 57.60 seconds, and the 997-generation 911 GT3 RS, which posted a time of one minute and 57.44. 2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4. Meanwhile, the 3.0-litre twin-turbo engine is so sweet and responsive - and where the sports exhaust is fitted, so tuneful as well - that you almost forget it's turbocharged. Whatever it is, this is the first 992 I've driven that actually feels like a 911 - you're far more aware of its unusual weight distribution and you drive accordingly; you feel it roll slightly in corners and sense the grip along the side of the car; you revel in the pinpoint steering that helps you position it intuitively. When you see them side by side, close enough that the GT4's yellow flanks pop in the 911's grey-green paintwork, they look overwhelmingly different, though, both in character and intent. At least not in terms of price. But I did crave a manual gearbox. My total options spend was a shade under £10,000, but you could so easily double that without really meaning to. There is a faint sense that the 420hp 4.0-litre, naturally-aspirated flat-six is struggling to exhale through its particulate filters, but by and large it's a wonderfully responsive engine that picks up beautifully in the upper reaches before ripping towards the redline at 8,000rpm. SPECIFICATION - PORSCHE CAYMAN GT4Engine: 3,995cc, flat-sixTransmission: Six-speed manual, rear-wheel drivePower (hp): 420@ 7600rpmTorque (lb ft): 310@ 5000-6800rpm0-62mph: 4.4 secsTop speed: 189mphKerb weight: 1,420kgMPG: 25.9mpgCO2: 249g/kmPrice: £75,348 (£94,506 as tested), SPECIFICATION - PORSCHE 911 CARRERAEngine: 2,981cc, flat-six, twin-turboTransmission: Eight-speed dual-clutch, RWDPower (hp): 385@ 6500rpmTorque (lb ft): 332@ 1950-5000rpm0-62mph: 4.2 secsTop speed: 182mphKerb weight: 1,505kgMPG: 31.4mpgCO2: 206g/kmPrice: £82,793 (£90,891 as tested), © 2020 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved, Pistonheads Holdco Limited, c/o Legalinx Limited, Tallis House, 2 Tallis Street, Temple, London, EC4Y 0AB, United Kingdom. This setup enables the GTS 4.0 to sprint from 0-62 mph in 4.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 182 mph. It has better ground clearance, a more luxurious and spacious cabin - including those small but useful rear seats - and it could go incognito where the GT4 screams 'look at me!'. So with that in mind, shouldn't you forget the mid-engined arriviste altogether and just buy the car that everybody thinks of when they hear the word 'Porsche'; the one with the 57-year backstory? The Carrera isn't as technically gifted as the Carrera S, which is precisely what makes it more fun to drive. It's only the stroppy Michelin Cup 2 tyres that undermine its everyday credentials - on a cold, wet road they don't ever switch on, so you feel the car constantly skating and slipping beneath you, the chassis systems working overtime. Impressively, the new Cayman GTS 4.0 is capable of keeping up with cars that have much more power to play with, lapping the circuit just three-tenths of a second slower than the Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M850i and around one second slower than the BMW M2 CS and Mercedes-AMG E63 S. Helping the Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 achieve such blistering performance is a naturally-aspirated flat-six producing 394 horsepower and 308 lb-ft of torque, sent to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transmission. Here's hoping such a thing one day emerges. The car is so well balanced you wonder if it needs two axles at all - one surely would do it, right across the middle... Would you derive more pleasure from that sublime chassis or from the spectacular drivetrain? But I have got Crayon paint, a parking camera, bucket seats, an uprated stereo and a few other bits and pieces. The manual gearshift is exquisite, too, and clutch pedal action so well matched it's as though it and the gearlever are directly connected. It also comes loaded with comfort and safety kit, all of which means the GT4 does the day-to-day stuff pretty well. On a dry road, of course, the grip they claw out of the surface is staggering. The moment a manual gearbox is made available in a basic Carrera, should that ever happen, or in the Carrera T I fantasised about earlier, I think the tables might turn. So which is it to be? All those things make this Carrera enjoyable to drive no matter how hard you push, whereas every 992-era Carrera S I've driven has felt more tied down, grippier, less expressive and with it far more aloof. Why The McLaren GT Is The Best Everyday Supercar, Vaughn Gittin Jr Took Us For A Ride In The Insane Mustang Mach-E 1400, These Are The 28 Cars Not Returning For 2021, Ferrari's Latest Sales Results Are Beyond Impressive, This Is When The All-New 2022 Subaru BRZ Will Arrive, Official: Audi RS e-tron GT Will Have 640 HP, New Supercharger For Mustang Shelby GT500 Will Make Big Power, World's Best 1980s Car Collection Is Up For Sale, 13 Future Electric Cars We Can't Wait To See, Become A Better Driver With This Must-Have Gadget, Lucid Air Vs. Tesla Model S Vs. Porsche Taycan: The EV Triad Is Complete, Cars That Are Even Rarer Than You Thought, 2021 Porsche 911 Carrera Review: The Price Of Perfection, 2021 Jaguar F-Type Coupe Review: Refined Beauty, Caterham Seven 310 Review: In Seventh Heaven, 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera Review: Still The Sports Car King, 2020 Jaguar F-Type Coupe Review: The Quirky Alternative, © 2010-2020 CarBuzz Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Porsche Motorsport car is therefore more expensive by £3,615. It's even more impressive when you consider the lap time was set with a manual transmission. The optional bucket seats, Alcantara-trimmed steering wheel, stubby gearlever and the third pedal in the footwell all lend it a much more single-minded vibe. The basic price of the car is £82,795, on top of which I'd add Crayon paint (again), a sports exhaust, the Sport Chrono Package and Park Assist. SportAuto recently put the GTS 4.0 through its paces at the Hockenheim GP circuit in Germany, where it posted an extremely impressive lap time. The Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 … In fact, a 718 Cayman GT4 and a quiet B-road, the sun shining brightly overhead, sounds to me like some kind of heaven. In fact, the Racing Yellow GT4 you see in the vid is a particularly highly-specified one, while the Aventurine Green Carrera is not. It rides with an underlying firmness, although these GT cars have never been crashy or unyielding over corrugated road surfaces. The eight-speed PDK transmission is so good I can't fault it, except that it isn't a proper manual with a third pedal. The Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 and debuted earlier this year to replace the outgoing GTS models and slot below the GT4. On the other hand, with its towering rear wing and jutting front splitter the GT4 seems to have left a circuit at high speed, crashed straight through a tyre wall, landed on the public road and simply carried on. What is it that makes this very basic 992 not only the most interactive version I've driven yet, but also the one that means I'd have the less powerful Carrera over the faster Carrera S? Select configuration: GT4 Coupe RWD. Even as the 911 grows larger and its interior feels more and more upmarket, there are certain things that feel familiar about it. I've gone with a fairly conservative specification, not bothering with the Clubsport Package or Carbon Ceramic Brakes. All of which means my perfect 911 is only £3,703 more expensive than my perfect Cayman GT4. Just as evidently, the Cayman is the far more focused road racer, with tougher suspension, more uncompromising tyres and less care for day-to-day usability. And what of the 718 Cayman GT4? The Cayman GTS 4.0's lap time was also faster than the BMW M2 Competition (1:57.60), Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6 1:57.90 and the second-generation Aston Martin Vantage (1:57.90). That's exactly the question I set out to answer in the video below. Compare Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 vs Porsche 911 Carrera. Until then, I'll get my kicks in a 718 Cayman GT4 - in Crayon, with bucket seats and the Bose stereo, please. It's just a wonderful power plant that builds to a climax and howls as it does so.

Will Catlett Wife Rondi Luz, Chelsea Houska Wiki, Black Arrow Gif, Elephant Tank Restoration, Swagger 5 Front Tire, Puma Cali Vs Carina, Dwell Definition Bible, Sunnyside Pavilion Photo Permit, Boruto Rasengan Chidori,

درباره‌ی

همچنین ببینید

718 gt4 vs 911

Meanwhile, my ideal 911 Carrera (and while we're at it, I would have the Carrera over the Carrera S every single time) would set me back £89,029. I've specced mine on the configurator and it comes to £85,326. Starting Price (MSRP) 8.4. The seating position, for instance, is just so, the seat dropping down to the floor, the steering wheel reaching out to greet you and the pedals inviting your legs to stretch out to meet them. The two cars are so similar in price (in real terms) that the comparison is irresistible. Given the choice between the two, I would drive home in the GT4. Not for a moment did I crave any more power or torque. The 911 shape is so rounded and clean it's as though the car has spent a century tumbling back and forth on a pebble beach, the tide rushing in and out again in an endless loop, knocking off sharp edges and wearing the bodywork down to a smooth finish. It was also around half a second faster than the 992-generation Porsche 911 Carrera, which completed the circuit in one minute and 57.60 seconds, and the 997-generation 911 GT3 RS, which posted a time of one minute and 57.44. 2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4. Meanwhile, the 3.0-litre twin-turbo engine is so sweet and responsive - and where the sports exhaust is fitted, so tuneful as well - that you almost forget it's turbocharged. Whatever it is, this is the first 992 I've driven that actually feels like a 911 - you're far more aware of its unusual weight distribution and you drive accordingly; you feel it roll slightly in corners and sense the grip along the side of the car; you revel in the pinpoint steering that helps you position it intuitively. When you see them side by side, close enough that the GT4's yellow flanks pop in the 911's grey-green paintwork, they look overwhelmingly different, though, both in character and intent. At least not in terms of price. But I did crave a manual gearbox. My total options spend was a shade under £10,000, but you could so easily double that without really meaning to. There is a faint sense that the 420hp 4.0-litre, naturally-aspirated flat-six is struggling to exhale through its particulate filters, but by and large it's a wonderfully responsive engine that picks up beautifully in the upper reaches before ripping towards the redline at 8,000rpm. SPECIFICATION - PORSCHE CAYMAN GT4Engine: 3,995cc, flat-sixTransmission: Six-speed manual, rear-wheel drivePower (hp): 420@ 7600rpmTorque (lb ft): 310@ 5000-6800rpm0-62mph: 4.4 secsTop speed: 189mphKerb weight: 1,420kgMPG: 25.9mpgCO2: 249g/kmPrice: £75,348 (£94,506 as tested), SPECIFICATION - PORSCHE 911 CARRERAEngine: 2,981cc, flat-six, twin-turboTransmission: Eight-speed dual-clutch, RWDPower (hp): 385@ 6500rpmTorque (lb ft): 332@ 1950-5000rpm0-62mph: 4.2 secsTop speed: 182mphKerb weight: 1,505kgMPG: 31.4mpgCO2: 206g/kmPrice: £82,793 (£90,891 as tested), © 2020 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved, Pistonheads Holdco Limited, c/o Legalinx Limited, Tallis House, 2 Tallis Street, Temple, London, EC4Y 0AB, United Kingdom. This setup enables the GTS 4.0 to sprint from 0-62 mph in 4.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 182 mph. It has better ground clearance, a more luxurious and spacious cabin - including those small but useful rear seats - and it could go incognito where the GT4 screams 'look at me!'. So with that in mind, shouldn't you forget the mid-engined arriviste altogether and just buy the car that everybody thinks of when they hear the word 'Porsche'; the one with the 57-year backstory? The Carrera isn't as technically gifted as the Carrera S, which is precisely what makes it more fun to drive. It's only the stroppy Michelin Cup 2 tyres that undermine its everyday credentials - on a cold, wet road they don't ever switch on, so you feel the car constantly skating and slipping beneath you, the chassis systems working overtime. Impressively, the new Cayman GTS 4.0 is capable of keeping up with cars that have much more power to play with, lapping the circuit just three-tenths of a second slower than the Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M850i and around one second slower than the BMW M2 CS and Mercedes-AMG E63 S. Helping the Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 achieve such blistering performance is a naturally-aspirated flat-six producing 394 horsepower and 308 lb-ft of torque, sent to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transmission. Here's hoping such a thing one day emerges. The car is so well balanced you wonder if it needs two axles at all - one surely would do it, right across the middle... Would you derive more pleasure from that sublime chassis or from the spectacular drivetrain? But I have got Crayon paint, a parking camera, bucket seats, an uprated stereo and a few other bits and pieces. The manual gearshift is exquisite, too, and clutch pedal action so well matched it's as though it and the gearlever are directly connected. It also comes loaded with comfort and safety kit, all of which means the GT4 does the day-to-day stuff pretty well. On a dry road, of course, the grip they claw out of the surface is staggering. The moment a manual gearbox is made available in a basic Carrera, should that ever happen, or in the Carrera T I fantasised about earlier, I think the tables might turn. So which is it to be? All those things make this Carrera enjoyable to drive no matter how hard you push, whereas every 992-era Carrera S I've driven has felt more tied down, grippier, less expressive and with it far more aloof. Why The McLaren GT Is The Best Everyday Supercar, Vaughn Gittin Jr Took Us For A Ride In The Insane Mustang Mach-E 1400, These Are The 28 Cars Not Returning For 2021, Ferrari's Latest Sales Results Are Beyond Impressive, This Is When The All-New 2022 Subaru BRZ Will Arrive, Official: Audi RS e-tron GT Will Have 640 HP, New Supercharger For Mustang Shelby GT500 Will Make Big Power, World's Best 1980s Car Collection Is Up For Sale, 13 Future Electric Cars We Can't Wait To See, Become A Better Driver With This Must-Have Gadget, Lucid Air Vs. Tesla Model S Vs. Porsche Taycan: The EV Triad Is Complete, Cars That Are Even Rarer Than You Thought, 2021 Porsche 911 Carrera Review: The Price Of Perfection, 2021 Jaguar F-Type Coupe Review: Refined Beauty, Caterham Seven 310 Review: In Seventh Heaven, 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera Review: Still The Sports Car King, 2020 Jaguar F-Type Coupe Review: The Quirky Alternative, © 2010-2020 CarBuzz Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Porsche Motorsport car is therefore more expensive by £3,615. It's even more impressive when you consider the lap time was set with a manual transmission. The optional bucket seats, Alcantara-trimmed steering wheel, stubby gearlever and the third pedal in the footwell all lend it a much more single-minded vibe. The basic price of the car is £82,795, on top of which I'd add Crayon paint (again), a sports exhaust, the Sport Chrono Package and Park Assist. SportAuto recently put the GTS 4.0 through its paces at the Hockenheim GP circuit in Germany, where it posted an extremely impressive lap time. The Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 … In fact, a 718 Cayman GT4 and a quiet B-road, the sun shining brightly overhead, sounds to me like some kind of heaven. In fact, the Racing Yellow GT4 you see in the vid is a particularly highly-specified one, while the Aventurine Green Carrera is not. It rides with an underlying firmness, although these GT cars have never been crashy or unyielding over corrugated road surfaces. The eight-speed PDK transmission is so good I can't fault it, except that it isn't a proper manual with a third pedal. The Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 and debuted earlier this year to replace the outgoing GTS models and slot below the GT4. On the other hand, with its towering rear wing and jutting front splitter the GT4 seems to have left a circuit at high speed, crashed straight through a tyre wall, landed on the public road and simply carried on. What is it that makes this very basic 992 not only the most interactive version I've driven yet, but also the one that means I'd have the less powerful Carrera over the faster Carrera S? Select configuration: GT4 Coupe RWD. Even as the 911 grows larger and its interior feels more and more upmarket, there are certain things that feel familiar about it. I've gone with a fairly conservative specification, not bothering with the Clubsport Package or Carbon Ceramic Brakes. All of which means my perfect 911 is only £3,703 more expensive than my perfect Cayman GT4. Just as evidently, the Cayman is the far more focused road racer, with tougher suspension, more uncompromising tyres and less care for day-to-day usability. And what of the 718 Cayman GT4? The Cayman GTS 4.0's lap time was also faster than the BMW M2 Competition (1:57.60), Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6 1:57.90 and the second-generation Aston Martin Vantage (1:57.90). That's exactly the question I set out to answer in the video below. Compare Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 vs Porsche 911 Carrera. Until then, I'll get my kicks in a 718 Cayman GT4 - in Crayon, with bucket seats and the Bose stereo, please. It's just a wonderful power plant that builds to a climax and howls as it does so. Will Catlett Wife Rondi Luz, Chelsea Houska Wiki, Black Arrow Gif, Elephant Tank Restoration, Swagger 5 Front Tire, Puma Cali Vs Carina, Dwell Definition Bible, Sunnyside Pavilion Photo Permit, Boruto Rasengan Chidori,

دیدگاهتان را بنویسید

نشانی ایمیل شما منتشر نخواهد شد. بخش‌های موردنیاز علامت‌گذاری شده‌اند *